Existek estimated the costs of building a crypto exchange available on mobile platforms and the web:
- An exchange typically requires a back and front end developer, a mobile developer for each mobile platform, a graphic designer, a couple quality assurance engineers, and a project manager.
- Their hourly rates in the US will range from $35 to $70.
- They’ll need about six months to get the work done.
- The total cost would come out to about US$400,000.
- However a team based in Europe could make build it all for just US$197,000 – half the rate.