Jon Evans posted his musings on the Blockchain. One of the interesting points related to Facebook: what if it were a decentralized blockchain based network?
- In theory money could be returned to the users. However even if half of all revenues were returned, each person would still only get $1 a month.
- And that’s just revenue – there are very real costs that lower the profit.
- It’s possible that the funding could be channeled so that profiles that are more active, or produce more content, receive more funds.
- But making those types of decisions – and giving the network flexibility – would be difficult as the Bitcoin-Bitcoin Cash fork has shown.
- All of this should serve as a reality check to the sky high valuations given to ICOs today.